For all the running geeks who find this stuff interesting

My running goal for Chicago is a personal best time of 4:30! Not fast for many of you, but I will have to train hard, stay healthy and pray for good weather if I'm going to finish in that kind of time.

Feel free to provide comments and suggestions re my training. I can use all the help I can get.

To sponsor me, please go to my TNT fundraising page.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Week 7

Total distance run this week: 39.5 km
Number of runs: 4
Tempo runs: 1 (6 km)
Hills: 4 x 400m
Longest run: 21.5 km
Other activities: 21 km cycling
Total training time: 6:15

Pretty decent week of training -- though I'd have liked to find time for yoga and more cycling. Canada Day and the weather upset my plans to cycle to work a second day.

The weather was cool and damp most of the week -- which was too bad for jazzfest but terrific for training.

Long run today felt great -- especially during the first 15-16km. Got into a very nice zone while circling the Experimental Farm. I'd forgotten how good it can feel to run long. It really is magical when your body gets into a rhythm, your brain shifts to neutral and the endorphins start flowing. I think it helped that I started a little slower than usual so will try to focus on that again next week.

My only other regret for the week is that I didn't run an extra half kilometre somewhere. It would have been good to be able to record a nice round 40km for my weekly total.

No comments:

Post a Comment