For all the running geeks who find this stuff interesting

My running goal for Chicago is a personal best time of 4:30! Not fast for many of you, but I will have to train hard, stay healthy and pray for good weather if I'm going to finish in that kind of time.

Feel free to provide comments and suggestions re my training. I can use all the help I can get.

To sponsor me, please go to my TNT fundraising page.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Week 16

Total distance run this week: 67km
Number of runs: 4
Runs at tempo pace: 1 (9km)
Speed training: 1 (4 x 800 m)
Long run: 36km
Other activities: cycling (44km)
Total training time: 10:35

This week marked the peak of my training for Chicago. I not only ran my largest weekly mileage, but the longest run I'm planning before race day. And I'm happy to be able to report that all went well.

I actually enjoyed my speed training on Wednesday evening (once I got going anyway), my pace run on Friday felt relatively easy, and today's long slow run felt pretty darned good (at least until about the 24 km mark). Of course, it helped that the weather was pretty much perfect for running this week -- with lots of sunshine and much cooler temperatures.

That said, it still felt wonderful to get 36km behind me today. My husband, Luke, took this photo when I arrived back at the house just before noon -- tired and achey, but oh so happy to have gotten to this point in my training injury-free.

Fingers and toes crossed that all continues to go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment