For all the running geeks who find this stuff interesting

My running goal for Chicago is a personal best time of 4:30! Not fast for many of you, but I will have to train hard, stay healthy and pray for good weather if I'm going to finish in that kind of time.

Feel free to provide comments and suggestions re my training. I can use all the help I can get.

To sponsor me, please go to my TNT fundraising page.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week 20

Total distance run this week: 32.25 km
Number of runs: 4
Runs at race pace: 1 (12 km)
Runs at tempo pace: 1 (6 km)
Longest run: 13.2 km
Total training time: 3:30

A good week of training. Though I was busy with work and preparations for a TNT fundraiser, and still feeling tired from my vacation, my runs all felt great.

Of course, this week's training was mostly about persuading my brain I really can finish the marathon and in something close to my goal time of 4:30. Mission accomplished.

The weather forecast for next Sunday, the day of the race, is looking promising. Forecasters are predicting an overcast day with temperatures in the high 40s (F) which would certainly make it easier to accomplish my goals.

In the coming week, it will be all about hydrating and getting as much rest as possible before I fly to Chicago on Friday morning. I can't believe I'll be in Chicago so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment